7 Reasons Shitty Jobs Are Worth It
It is highly likely that you have had at least one shitty job in your life. It’s easy to focus on the negatives but have you ever considered the upsides?
One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had was working in the basement stockroom of a large department store.
It was dark, cold and had an atmosphere of foreboding.
I was poorly paid, had an early start time and had to lug heavy items around as well as stack them on shelves.
I appreciate that this is all relative and there are many worse jobs out there.
The point is the same though. Shitty jobs don’t appear to offer much of an upside.
But nothing in life is 100% negative. Even the worst experiences in life can be our most helpful teachers.
A shitty job can inform in many ways.
Here are 7 ways a shitty job can help you in the long run:
1. Tells you what you don’t want to do.
2. Makes you appreciate it when you get a job that’s actually great.
3. Teaches you the importance of social connections in the workplace.
4. Informs you of the value of patience.
5. Demonstrates to you the importance of teamwork.
6. Helps you to be more empathetic with your fellow human beings.
7. Gives you the ambition to better yourself.
What was the shittiest job you’ve ever done? What did it teach you? Have your say in the comments section below.