#TuesdayTop5 Commencement Speeches
Commencement speeches are great. You may agree with some and disagree with others, but if you're in search of a manifesto for life until you form your own, this is a wonderful place to start. These are our favourites, plus a quote from each. Enjoy.
1. Tim Minchin, "I advocate passionate dedication to the pursuit of short-term goals. Be micro-ambitious. Put your head down and work with pride on whatever is in front of you… you never know where you might end up. Just be aware that the next worthy pursuit will probably appear in your periphery"
2. David Foster Wallace, "Learning how to think" really means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think. It means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience."
3. Steve Jobs, "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."
4. Natalie Portman. "Your inexperience is an asset in that it will make you think in original, unconventional ways. Accept your lack of knowledge and use it as your asset."
5. Conan O'Brien, "It’s not easy, but if you accept your misfortunate and handle it right, your perceived failure can become a catalyst for profound re-invention."