25 ways to seek inspiration
You’ve no doubt experienced that feeling when you’re working on something and you find yourself stuck.
The best thing to do in this situation is to calmly acknowledge the fact and stop what it is that you’re doing.
Don’t try and fight it.
Instead, take a break and seek inspiration somewhere completely different. On your return you will likely find your mind has become magically unblocked and is ready to pick up from where you left off.
With this in mind, here are 25 ways to fire up the imagination:
1. Watch a documentary
2. Volunteer for a charity
3. Attended a conference
4. Browse through inspirational quotes
5. Read three interesting posts on Medium
6. Seek out three interesting Pinterest accounts
7. Ask or respond to three questions on Quora
8. Seek out three interesting Reddit posts
9. Search Twitter using the hashtag #inspiration
10. Buy an old and unusual book from a second hand book store
11. Check out the reading lists of some smart people
12. Spend a few hours in an art gallery
13. Join your public library and take out a book
14. Listen to some world music
15. Take a city walking tour
16. Watch an inspirational TED talk
17. Join a cooking class
18. Read the biography of someone you greatly admire
19. Visit the zoo
20. Take a trip to a museum
21. Seek out an event to attend on Eventbrite
22. Go for a walk in nature
23. Travel somewhere new
24. Spend some time with children and see the world from their perspective
25. Volunteer at an old people's home and ask some of the residents what inspires them
Any others you'd like to share? Please feel free to add a comment below.